Part two of our series on financial fear, Affording College hits the topics we’re all nervous about if we have a student who is eyeing a college career: How do we help them pay for four years of schooling? What things can we do to assist with the application process? And finally, should every kid even go to college?
Fletch and Kendra speak from their own experiences with their oldest 4 college-bound students and offer ideas about how to think beyond writing a check or taking on massive student loan debt.
:51 Fluff Time (Big Dinners, Hard Week, Fighting over Capn’ Crunch)
8:46 Part 1 – Using CLEP Tests
24:15 Part 2 – Working during college, Taking a Gap Year
34:50 Part 3 – Should parents pay for college? Should every kid go to college?
40:00 Wrapping up the show, What’s Coming up next?
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
Can Your Homeschooler Go To College – Episode 27
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HomeschoolingIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes
- The iTunes program will automatically launch and take you to our podcast page.
- FIRST – Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
- NEXT – Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
- Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
- You can listen right on this page. There is an audio player below.
- You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for “HomeschoolingIRL” and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- Subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released. Follow this link and begin your FREE SUBSCRIPTION.
BECOME A PATRON AND SUPPORT HomeschoolingIRL
Hey HIRLers! Do you enjoy what we have created on the podcast? Have you ever wondered what you could do to help us continue to make great shows? Just like the great artists of the past, in order to provide great shows, we need patrons to financially support our creative efforts.
Please consider becoming a patron and supporting Homeschooling In Real Life?
Are you ready to listen to Fletch and Kendra get real about homeschooling? Press the PLAY button below.