Homeschooling can be a difficult choice for families to make. It takes time, planning and hard work when you decide to school your children at home. That decision is made even more difficult when you are doing it alone. LaToya Edwards and Mary Jo Tate are single homeschooling moms who have successfully learned how to keep their children home through careful organization and a sharp budget.
On this episode of Homeschooling In Real Life, Fletch and Kendra sit down with LaToya and MaryJo to discuss the challenges that come with homeschooling as a single parent. Whether you are a single homeschooler or a family of ten, listen in to these women who share wisdom and experience on this topic.
We asked our guests the following five questions:
1. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing a single homeschooling mom?
2. What challenges do you think are the same, whether or not you have a husband to lend support?
3. How do you recharge yourself and manage time away from your kids?
4. What has been the biggest success for you in your homeschooling journey?
5. Can you share 2 or 3 tips for single moms.
13:00 First part of the interview with LaToya and Mary Jo
26:16 Second part of the interview with LaToya and Mary Jo
34:22 QandA with KandA
Join Fletch (from theMangoTimes) and Kendra (from Preschoolers and Peace) for the HomeschoolingIRL podcast every two weeks as they interview guests and talk through some of the goofiness they have experienced in nearly two decades of Homeschooling In Real Life.