The question? Does exercise equal weight loss? Well, there is good news and there is bad news. Let’s start with the good. How good exercise if for you? Exercise has tremendous health both physical and mental health Benefits.
Visit our special sponsor – Elephant Learning
- Exercise helps our mood
- Brain cell growth
- Controls diabetes
- Lowers the risk for heart disease and cancer
- Prevents against osteoporosis
- Better endurance
- Increase Strength
- Exercised does have a correlation to weight, critical to keeping off
A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association followed the exercise
This research supports the findings of the National Weight Control Registry, which reports that 90 percent of people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off exercise on average for an hour a day.
Here is what the experts I’ve read have to say about exercising.
- Look at what you are eating – make a list and cut down on the carbs – removing it would be best – but if you can’t cut way down. It will help you burn fat if you are not constantly replenishing that fat. Now I say this to you, as we are to meet my inlaws at a burger shake place for dinner – the only good news in that is I will order an unsweet ice tea and split the burger with my SIL Janice who is visiting. So – while this sounds like I’m failing in my efforts to lose weight I am reporting I’m doing one cardinal rule of dieting and that is to eat less of everything. I figure half a burger is less.
- Exercise regularly but if you can do intensity for a short time and then decrease and then increase. There is something about getting your heart to speed up while giving it time to rest is a good thing. It has fat burning benefits – yay! We all want that right.
- Understand that the reason we are exercising – I’m saying we in the hopes you are doing this with me – is that we are maintaining any gains we make – it may not transform us to two sizes smaller but it will help keep off any weight we’ve shed.
Photo Credit – DepositPhoto.com All Rights Reserved 2017. @janpietruska