Let’s Talk About… “Help! I Want To Change My Teaching Method” with Felice Gerwitz – Podcast #116
Are you unhappy with your homeschool methods? Do you want a change? A change in the way you teach your children? In this podcast, veteran homeschool mom, Felice Gerwitz gives you the tools you need to understand the most popular teaching methods and decide which one works the best for you.
Please visit our sponsor – Second Harvest:
Show Notes – Help! I Want To Change My Teaching Method:
Do you sometimes wonder what you can do differently to change your teaching method? DO you pray for help in deciding which method will work best for you? Many moms love structure and so they gravitate to the most structured curriculum choices (text books and workbooks) only to find their kids floundering. Others will use a hands-on, approach and learn their kids do not like the lack of structure. In this podcast we explore the most popular homeschool teaching methods and take a look at which ones might work for you.
Here are some other podcasts to help you as well!
Listen to the Middle of the Year Checkup Podcast here
Listen to Homeschool Lifestyle to help identify your homeschooling “type” here
- Traditional: Text books/ work books/ tests and papers
- Classical Approach: Trivium, Socratic method (concrete, analytical, abstract)
- Unit Studies: Immersion in a topic such as history, science, art or music
- Charlotte Mason: Living books, nature study, demonstrate knowledge vs. tests
- Eclectic: A combination of methods, more relaxed loose structure
- Unschooling: relaxed, child lead interest
Thanks to Second Harvest Curriculum our podcast sponsor. Visit them here