Is there a role for art in the curriculum for every homeschool family? What should you do if your strength is not art or art education? We know that art most often reflects the current state of culture, so how do we decided what sort of art to expose our kids to?
On this episode of Homeschooling in Real Life, Fletch and Kendra discuss music, movies, dance, and art with Artios Academies founder Lori Lane. Drawing on the music degrees and performance experience of both Lori and Kendra, our discussion touches on the who, what, where, when, and how of performing and visual arts training in the homeschool setting, with a generous dose of the gospel covering the whole conversation.
:47 Fluff – Hawaii Vacation, 25yr Anniversary, OtterPops
7:22 Interview with Lori Lane, Artios Academy
26:55 The show is over. Goodbye!
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
All of them
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HomeschoolingIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes
- The iTunes program will automatically launch and take you to our podcast page.
- FIRST – Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
- NEXT – Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
- Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
- You can listen right on this page. There is an audio player below.
- You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for “HomeschoolingIRL” and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- Subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released. Follow this link and begin your FREE SUBSCRIPTION.
BECOME A PATRON AND SUPPORT HomeschoolingIRL
Hey HIRLers! Do you enjoy what we have created on the podcast? Have you ever wondered what you could do to help us continue to make great shows? Just like the great artists of the past, in order to provide great shows, we need patrons to financially support our creative efforts.
Please consider becoming a patron and supporting Homeschooling In Real Life?
Are you ready to listen to Fletch and Kendra get real about homeschooling? Press the PLAY button below.