This is a can’t-miss episode for homeschooling parents who are interested in having their children learn piano. I interviewed Joseph Hoffman of Hoffman Academy (formerly freepianolessons4kids.com) and got answers to questions like:
- What makes his method of teaching piano different?
- Why did he decide to make his lessons free ?
- Do you have to know how to play yourself to use his materials?
- How much time is required to teach?
- What is his ultimate dream for his online curriculum?
My favorite quote from the interview:
“Piano shouldn’t feel like taking out the garbage.”
Be sure to check out my review of the curriculum at Psychowith6 that includes a video of my daughter playing and a giveaway for Unit 1’s materials (a $19 value)!