Is college right for you? Often many students have reasons or excuses for not going. In this podcast, Jean Burk explains how some of these excuses can be overcome with some serious thought.
Visit today’s sponsor – College Prep Genius
Five reasons to go to college
- Give you the opportunity to continue your education experience; some jobs require a degree
- College opens doors to exciting opportunities like college abroad
- Change careers – because of extra courses, college experience
- Allows you to have freedom with little responsibility
- Allows you to meet new people of different cultures
Five reasons to postpone college
- Not motivated enough to do the work that is required
- Career focus does not require college
- If you have previous family obligations that require immediate attention
- Take time off to pursue another a passion. A gap year, take time off to go on the mission field or work for a time-period. Explore various job professions. Time off to do internships. Get pilots license.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity right after high school
The recommendation is to take your SAT while you are in high school – your scores will be held for you.
Seven lame reasons not to go
- Too expensive
- Too hard
- Grades are not good enough
- Don’t know what to study – testingroom.com
- I have something better to do
- No one in my family went to college
- My friends are not going to college