Do you ever feel like there just isn’t enough time in your life to take care of yourself? In the midst of your life do you fail to remember to do the things you want to do? Do the demands of parenting and homeschooling make you feel guilty if you take time for yourself? We think this is an important discussion to have out loud.
Join Fletch and Kendra on this episode of HomeschoolingIRL as we welcome Dr. Melanie Wilson, Christian psychologist and homeschooling mom of 6, into the studio to chat about “me time”. We discuss whether or not taking time for ourselves is practical, and doable, and we share a lot of laughs along the way!
2:35 Fluff Time
8:57 Introduction to the podcast
10:54 Interview Part 1: Dr. Melanie Wilson
28:01 Interview Part 2: Dr. Melanie Wilson
43:04 Wrapping up the show
The Homeschool Sanity Show – Dr. Melanie Wilson’s podcast
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
Depression – HIRL Episode 60
Music clips used on this episode:
All By Myself- Eric Carmen – Buy it on iTunes Here
We’ve Gotta Get Out Of This Place – Eric Burdon – Buy it on iTunes Here
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HomeschoolingIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes
- The iTunes program will automatically launch and take you to our podcast page.
- FIRST – Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
- NEXT – Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
- Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
- You can listen right on this page. There is an audio player below.
- You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for “HomeschoolingIRL” and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- Subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released. Follow this link and begin your FREE SUBSCRIPTION.
BECOME A PATRON AND SUPPORT HomeschoolingIRL
Hey HIRLers! Do you enjoy what we have created on the podcast? Have you ever wondered what you could do to help us continue to make great shows? Just like the great artists of the past, in order to provide great shows, we need patrons to financially support our creative efforts.
Please consider becoming a patron and supporting Homeschooling In Real Life?
Are you ready to listen to Fletch and Kendra get real about homeschooling? Press the PLAY button below.