From time to time we’ve all struggled with loving the unlovable. At times if we admit it, I’m sure we’ve been unlovable to someone else. In this podcast we discover ways to love when there is no reason to love and the best ways to serve others and still be true to self.
The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved – Mother Teresa…
Visit our special sponsor – Elephant Learning
Show Notes: Loving The Unlovable
In life we all have challenges but possibly one of the most difficult is those who are unlovable –This could be:
- Family members
- Extended family
- Those who are in your circle of friends
- Outside influences
More Quotes By Mother Teresa:
- “Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do…but how much love we put in that action” Mother Teresa
- “Whatever you do for your family, for your children, for your husband, for your wife, you do for God. All we do, our prayers, our work, our suffering, is for Jesus.” Mother Teresa
- “People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may acuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It is never between you and them anyway.” Mother Teresa of Calcutta
A person who you deme to be unlovable can control your attitude and mood – or you can pray for the grace to deal with the situation. LOVE – love tends to be what other people do for you – instead of Christian love which is emphasized by turning the other cheek or Matthew 25:40 – Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me..
Nutshell Solutions For Loving The Unlovable –
- Treat others as Jesus would
- Remember: We are all unlovable at times – Remember to balance tough love with compassion.
- The more you love GOD the more grace He will pour out into the situation. Romans 8:38-39
- Serve others when there is no way they can repay you… Matthew 25:40
- Expect nothing in return – Matthew 5:46 – If you love only those who love you – what reward is there for that…
- Sometimes the ones hardest to love are those who need our love the most.
Photo Credits: DepositPhoto.com 2017 All Rights Reserved Copyright @pzRomashka