Tips To Enjoy the Holiday No Matter Your Child’s Age
Planning or attending parties can be difficult enough, however planning parties for kids — little kids, can be unnerving for some. Well, not for Felice who has had over thirty-five years of hosting parties with little ones underfoot! Her inspiration was her mother, who always said, “A home is always as big as the floor space!” And so, with plenty of floor space Felice has hosted family dinners, and special occasions for ages 84 down to newborns. Listen to this podcast to learn ways the little ones can enjoy their time, and so can the adults.
Listen to this podcast on Holiday Planning: Decorating for more ideas.
Contact Felice at any time! Reach her at Felice (at) Media Angels.com
Parties with Kids:
Attending a Party with kids, rules that may help. Details on the audio.
1. No running indoors even if your friends are running.
2. Do not touch anything unless you are invited to by an adult.
3. Decorations are to look at – I’ll be happy to walk over and see the (fill in the blank here) with you.
4. When I call you by name, please answer me and come.
5. I’ll be with you at the beginning of the party, to see if you can follow the rules. Once I’m confident you can, I’ll be nearby if you need me.
(Details to these points are available on the audio. Listen here!)
Hosting a Party for Families – Kids Welcome!
1. Have an idea of your objective. When guests arrive where will they go? What will they do?
2. Have an activity or place for the children to play and get acquainted. Activities such as card games, a puzzle, coloring sheets or coloring and decorating a name tag.
3. Explain any places that are off limits. Upstairs, bedrooms, etc.
4. Be sure to explain where the refreshments are located and helpful ideas include cups with lids and unbreakable decorations and plates.
5. If you offer a buffet, recommend that the parents watch over their children’s selections (or place yourself at the buffet to make food choices or monitor too many rolls, etc.)
6. Keep the deserts covered or out of a curious child’s range.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”0753450925″ cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fOTEJ5%2BJL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”ultihomeradin-20″ width=”136″]
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B00F60Z29S” cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WjhVqXEFL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”ultihomeradin-20″ width=”160″]
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B000RB2WAI” cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61IK2iDoaDL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”ultihomeradin-20″ width=”133″]