Join Carol Topp as she discusses a topic of interest to everyone-money!
Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, is an accountant, author and retired homeschool mom (after 14 years both her daughters are homeschool, high school graduates). She takes confusing topics such as money, business, and taxes and puts them into easy-to-understand English.
On the show Carol will discuss:
- Starting and running a business, especially a micro business for teenagers
- How to teach your kids about money
- Managing the money in a homeschool organization
- What you need to know about taxes in clear English!
The Dollars and Sense show is aired every other Thursday at 1:0o pm ET.Listen to the shows below or download to your podcast player.
How to Listen to the Podcast
- You can listen to the podcast here on the internet by scrolling down to view the episodes. Click the play button.
- Download to your iPod or MP3 player. Copy this feed or click the orange RSS icon in the top left corner of this page.
- Use a podcast app on your smart phone. I use Downcast. It automatically downloads new episodes of my favorite podcasts.
- Subscribe via iTunes. (or click the purple iTunes icon at the top left corner of this page)
Upcoming Show Schedule:
Schedule for 2015 (subject to change!)
- January: Marketing and customer profiles in a micro business
- February: Business tips for writers and IRS filings for homeschool groups
- March: Homeschool groups who have lost their tax exempt status and warnings against frugal homeschooling
- April: We’re Not Raising Children; We’re Raising Grown Ups!
- May: Who’s Afraid of the Big, Bad IRS?
- June: The Best Micro Business to Start This Summer
- July: Marketing and Social Media for Authors (or anyone!)
- Homeschool Co-ops are Like Marriage: Know What You’re Getting Into!
- How to Become a Published Author
- 30+ Micro Business Ideas
- Pros and Cons of Tax Exempt Status for Your Homeschool Group
- Marketing Tips for Micro Business Owners
- Launching Our Children Financially
- Top(p) Ten Tips for Running a Homeschool Organization
- Avoiding Embezzlement and Fraud in Your Homeschool Group
(Click on the title of any episode below to be linked to the show notes for that episode.)