Join Carol Topp as she discusses a topic of interest to everyone-money!
Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, is an accountant, author and retired homeschool mom (after 14 years both her daughters are homeschool, high school graduates). She takes confusing topics such as money, business, and taxes and puts them into easy-to-understand English.
How to Listen to the Podcast
- You can listen to the podcast here on the internet by scrolling down to view the episodes. Click the play button.
- Download to your iPod or MP3 player. Copy this feed or click the orange RSS icon in the top left corner of this page.
- Use a podcast app on your smart phone. I use Downcast. It automatically downloads new episodes of my favorite podcasts.
- Subscribe via iTunes. (or click the iTunes icon at the top of the page)
On the show Carol will discuss:
- Starting and running a business, especially a micro business for teenagers
- How to teach your kids about money
- Managing the money in a homeschool organization
- What you need to know about taxes in clear English!
Upcoming Show Schedule:
The Dollars and Sense show is aired every other Thursday at 1:0o pm ET. Listen to the shows below or download to your podcast player.
Schedule for 2014:
- January: How to teach your kids about money, a four show series covering preschool through high school ages.
- February: Tax breaks for homeschoolers
- March: Teens and Taxes and Money Myths Homeschool Moms Believe
- April: More Money Myths and How to Start a Micro Business with No Money and No Debt
- May: Paying Workers in a Homeschool Organizations
- June and July: Career exploration, a four-part series helping teenagers discover a potential career or college major
- August: Sales tips for a micro business
- September: What to do when a customer doesn’t pay your micro business
- Easy Fundraisers for homeschool groups
- Can special needs teens start a micro business?
- Marketing tips for micro business owners
- FastTrack: Micro business online learning portal
- Avoiding embezzlement and fraud in your homeschool group
- Required IRS reporting for homeschool organizations
(Click on the title of any episode below to be linked to the show notes for that episode.)