Join us every other Wednesday as we discuss the ins and outs, and ups and downs of Homeschooling Co-op Style! Below is a short introductory video to our show and then a list of past shows. Hit the MP3 button to hear any of the past shows you may have missed. The podcasts are available via iTunes as well!
Here are a few benefits to homeschooling, co-op style:
1. Children can practice giving presentations in a safe and friendly environment
2. Socialization skills are taught and behavior is monitored
3. Working together with other students teaches teamwork, leadership skills and provides opportunities to think critically and discuss logically
4. Parents share the workload, minimizing stress
5. Because students love getting together, completing homework becomes less of a chore
6. Including subjects that a parent feels deficient in teaching helps accomplish those particular goals
7. There are often students involved who, by their behavior and because of their participation, set a high standard and raise the bar for excellence!