This is our final installment in our mini-series of episodes called: Surviving the Holidays. This episode is all about being spread too thin during the holidays. We begin the discussion talking about the unique aspect that holidays can bring to a homeschooling mom.
You are already dealing with a full plate and often the holiday season is just one more thing. Next, if we are being really honest, we will admit that the holidays are pre-designed to stress out moms, because everything falls on their shoulders. Lastly, what about “mom guilt” during the holidays?
We continue and conclude this episode with a discussion about how to redeem the Christmas holidays and some practical suggestions on keeping yourself from becoming spread to thin. Tune in and don’t miss this one.
:56 – Introduction
8:55 – 3 Reasons We Are Spread Too Thin, Part 1
13:59 – 3 Reasons We Are Spread Too Thin, Part 2
23:00 – Redeeming Christmas/Practical Suggestions
35:26 – Concluding thoughts
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
Episode 8 – Homeschooling with Exchange Students
Episode 30 – I Love Homeschooling, But My Kids Are With Me All The Time
Episode 41 – Some Dads Have All The Fun
Music clips used on this episode:
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE AN iTUNES REVIEW:
Allow the magic of the internet to deliver Homeschooling In Real Life to your tablet or smart phone. Let us show you how easy it is:
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our big red HomeschoolingIRL logo, just click on View in iTunes
- The iTunes program will automatically launch and take you to our podcast page.
- FIRST – Click SUBSCRIBE. Voila! All or our podcasts will come directly to your computer and smart phone.
- NEXT – Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. Remember the best reviews are 5-stars (hint hint!).
- Thanks for being one of our listeners! HIRLers rock!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LISTEN TO HomeschoolingIRL?
- You can listen right on this page. There is an audio player below.
- You can listen on your iPod, Smartphone or tablet. Open the PODCAST app on your device, search podcasts for “HomeschoolingIRL” and click subscribe. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- Subscribe to the HomeschoolingIRL website and you will be notified when every new episode is released. Follow this link and begin your FREE SUBSCRIPTION.
Are you ready to listen to Fletch and Kendra get real about homeschooling? Press play below