Felice analyzes what causes her stress and then she devised a plan to short-cut those holiday preparations. So even if you are out of time or have plenty of time ahead of you, you can use these ideas and tips!
- Order or buy prepared foods
- Keep extras on hand
- Fast appetizers that are crowd pleasers
- Bake (if you must) and use these short-cuts (see mix below)
- Decorations on a budget that look great
Felice’s all purpose Stress-Free Holiday Shortcuts– these make great cookie bars as well.
- Cream 1/4 cup of butter with 3/4 cup of coconut oil and 3/4 cup of white sugar and 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- Add two eggs and beat well
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Slowly add 2 1/4 of unbleached flour (if the dough is very sticky, slowly add up to 1/4 of a cup of flour)
You can use this basic dough to make:
- 2 cups of White chocolate cookies with macadamia nuts
- 2 cups of Chocolate chip cookies with walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup of oatmeal with walnuts or pecans
Use this for cookies or for a short-cut use a pan and make pan cookies. Bake at 350 degrees.