There is so much misinformation about the new SAT with programs that unrolled and were available before the test was even available for review. In this episode Jean Burk explains spending hours analyzing the test and what she can tell you and your children on how to best prepare.
Jean Burke is an award-winning author and creator of College Prep Genius
Find More information about Jean here
Show Notes for the truth about the new SAT
The history about the SAT is interesting and Jean cover this and the take over by David Collman. It all boils down to money and the reason for the changes? The ACT is ahead in numbers (those students who take the test) over the SAT. The changes reflect a movement toward the ACT. Both tests are standardized and understanding basic test taking principals will help students taking either one.
- Scoring – what is different?
- Sections of the SAT – Two: Math and Reading and Writing Combined
- The essay portion is now optional
- The essay portion – why is it important to prepare for this?
- Misinformation – how to understand what is truth.