What is love? What is true love? With the hype over what real love is – many have made a fortune. We only have to look at the cable channels that focus on love stories, the novels which are a billion a dollar year industry. But is that real love? In this episode, Felice explores human love and the basis of love which is conditional and compares it to God’s everlasting love.
Do you agree?
Human love is based upon performance – it is not bad – it is just the way it is… we love people based upon these things and I’m sure you can add more to the list:
- What they do for us –
- Are they kind or loving
- How do they act when we are around
- What do they say to us?
- What do they say about us to others
- How they look, smell
- What they give us
- How we feel when we are around them
- Are we happy?
- Do they make us feel excited or energetic
- Do we look forward to seeing them
- Are we sad when they are not around or do we miss them
- Do we hate to be apart?
- How much they love us
- Do you hear kind words or affectionate words from these people
- Do you know by the gifts or blessings extended toward us
God’s Love Is:
- God is love
- God’s love is perfected in us.
- There is no fear in love.
- Perfect love casts out all fear.
- Love is patient.
- Love is kind.
- Love rejoices in what is right.
- Love bears al things.
- Love believes all things.
- Love hopes all things.
- Love endures all things.
- Love never ends.
- Faith, hope and love abide, but the greatest of these is love
- 1 Corinthians 13:
- 1 John 4:16-18
- Romans 12:9-13
- 1 John 3:10-17
- Matthew 22:34-40
Graphic Credit: Copyright Deposit Photo 2016 – © 4masik