What is true womanhood? Being a woman means so much more than the movies and the celebrity media tells us. In this presentation, Felice Gerwitz shares the truth about womanhood that will set you free.
What is true womanhood? Is it marching for a cause, like the women did in the Washington D.C. for the Women’s March? Or is it women marching in Washington in the March For Life? In this episode, Felice explores what it means to be a woman, the joy that comes from true freedom and how to pass on a legacy of true womanhood to our children.
Listen to Felice’s podcast – Vintage Homeschool Moms
Thanks to our sponsors – ElephantLearning.com/MediaAngels
Be sure to like and give a star ratings on iTunes and follow this broadcast.
Links Felice recommends – True Womanhood.
Blog Post – Here
Issues about sexual confusion here
Show Notes: True Womanhood
True and authentic womanhood is a gift from the Almighty God – something that NO one can take away from YOU – because YOU have been entrusted with a very special gift – and now I want to share that gift.
- True womanhood is closely connected to love, it gives life it is balance
- True womanhood remembers the gift of our feminine genius – this is the charism that the Holy Spirit gives to women.
- True womanhood understands we have our dignity.
- True womanhood isn’t an either or – it isn’t a revolution it is a gift given to us as good by our very nature, the fabric of our womanhood. Gen 1:28 “Fill the earth and subdue it” [Given to both men and women.]
- True womanhood is realizing by our very nature, we are the only ones who are called daughter – mother – wife – no other. We are gifted with intuition, sensitivity generosity, and self-giving. We are gifted with loyalty… women are fiercely loyal.
- True and authentic womanhood is knowing who you are despite being marginalized by society or the circumstances in your life.
- True and authentic womanhood gains its strength from an infilling of the Holy Spirit.
- True womanhood is the courage to take this gift we’ve been given and pass it on as a legacy to our children.
- True womanhood is the gift of being an equal partner (not better or worse than) our male counterpart. Genesis 2:20 “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him” [The help is not one-sided but mutual—womanhood expresses the “human” as much as manhood does but in a different way.]
- True womanhood remembers the greatest example in history and that is the mother of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and that is Mary. She exemplifies all that is good and holy in motherhood.