with Felice Gerwitz & Meredith Curtis
Podcast # 119
There are so many definitions of love – but what is true love and what does love mean to you? In this podcast, Meredith and Felice explore what love means, especially as demonstrated to us in the Bible and the ways God says, “I love you!” over and over again.
Show Sponsors – please visit our show sponsors, these shows are brought to you free – and by visiting our show sponsors, we can continue to provide free broadcasts!
Powerline Productions and Media Angels, Inc.
Our sponsors make these shows free to our subscribers.
Show Notes: What is God’s Love –
Meredith God’s Love
- Provides (through prayer, promises to claim, daily provision)
- (II Peter 1:2-4)
- I Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Matthew 7:7-11
- Psalm 32:7-9
- Psalm 91
- Shepherds (nurtures, leads)
- Psalm 23
- Died while we were still his enemies
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- Prepares a place for us
- In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)
Felice: God’s love –
- By His very essence – God is love – 1 John 4:16
- John 4:8 – true faith believes God’s love even when God chooses not to intervene.
- God is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love – Psalms: 103:8
- Giving us life
- Knowing us before we were born – the number of hairs on our head – he is a personal God – he cares about us. Jeremiah Chapter 1: 4-5
- Dying for us – eternal life – opening the gates of heaven: John 3:16-For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 15: 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
- Speaking to us – the ability to hear God’s voice via the Scriptures and prayer
- God takes care of us: 2 Timothy 3:16 – “God-breathed.” His Word sometimes gives us a warning, a word of encouragement, or a lesson for life. It’s ”His-story”–written with love as God’s guide for life, “so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” – The Good Shepherd . John 10:11